You can export part, assembly, bodies or selected objects by using step/stp export function.
Command path: File => Export => Step
Export to stp options:
- Export From:
- Displayed Part: Exports current model to the stp file
- Existing File: Exports the selected model from saved files in the computer.
- Export to:
- Application Protocol: Select the stp file type. (AP203, AP214, AP242)
- Step File: Select a folder to save an stp file. Also, you can change the new stp file name.
Data to Export: You can select which data will be export. (Curves, Surfaces, Solids, Coordinate Systems, Product Data, PMI)
You can select manually which objects will be exported. There are two choices in the export box.
- Entire Part: All parts and data will be exported in stp file which selected in model data.
- Selected Objects: You can select objects manually which will be exported.
Note: Also you can save the stp files by using the “Save As” function. But problems occur after the stp file saved by using “Save As”. I don’t recommend this way.