To activate command:
- Curve Ribbon Bar => Curve Group => Curve Gallery => Helix
- Menu => Insert => Curve => Helix
For Using “Helix” command:
- Activate “Helix” command.
- Define the start point. You can move the start point by using handles. Also, you can define placement by typing coordinates in an opening box on the screen.
- Define diameter in the “Size” tab.
- Define pitch length in the “Pitch” tab.
- Define lengths in the “Length” tab. Also, you can change the length by dragging arrow handle at the end of a helix
- Click MMB (middle mouse button) or “Ok” to finish.
Note: I mostly use “Helix” command to model springs.