You can change position, the direction of the components in assembly by the “move component” command.
Also, you can copy components while moving in assembly.
– Select “Move Component” command from “Menu=>Assemblies=>Component Position=> Move Component”
– Click on the “Move Component” command on Home Ribbon Bar.
– Click on the “Move Component” command on the Assemblies Ribbon Bar.
- Components to Move: Select components to move (to deselect components: press shift + left mouse button). After you select the component and click middle mouse button moving handle will occur in the center of the gravity of the part
- Transform: You can change the motion type from the box near the “Motion”. (I always use dynamic. It is enough for all movements.)
Dynamic handle movements.
- Point to point: Click origin of the handle then click then click new point to move the component
- Distance: Click arrow then drag on the screen. Also, you can type distance on opening pop up.
- Angle: Click on the point on handle defines angle. You can drag or type angle
Move Handles Only: click to move handle without component movement. Components stay stable while handles move.
3. Copy: To copy or not moving parts
- No Copy: Move component without copying
- Copy: Every movement of the component will create a copy of the component
- Intermediate copy: It is for advanced users