When you open the “New Assembly” application in Siemens Nx, The new application starts with the “Add Component” command. Also, you can activate this command by;
- Select Extrude command from “Menu=>Assemblies=>Components=>Add Component”
- Click on the “Add Component” command on the Home Ribbon Bar.
- Click on the “Add Component” command on the Assemblies Ribbon Bar.
You can add parts, sub-assemblies into the assembly by this command.
Command dialogue has four tabs:
- Part to Place: You can select parts to insert the model from here.
- Select Part: You can select partş in the assembly file to add an assembly file again.
- Loaded Parts: Shows parts list opened and currently using in the NX 12 program. If you start with an assembly application, the list will be empty. The list only shows opened parts.
- Search: You can search the parts listed in the list.
- View Style: You can change the view style of the parts on the list. Also, you can see parts previews by changing view style.
- Open: You can add parts from directories by clicking the folder icon near Open.
- Keep Selected: You can add selected parts into the assembly repeatedly.
- Count: You can change the quantity of the parts will add in the assembly
- Location: Use to define positioning options into the assembly
- Move: Move the Component command will be active after part added in assembly. The first select start point for the part on screen. Then Move Component command will be active. You can change the position and direction of the part.
- Constraint: Assembly Constraints command will be active after part added in assembly. You can mate a new part on assembly parts.
- Settings: You can change Reference Sets and Layer options from this tab