You can make circular patterns of components in the NX. Also, you can delete some of the instances in the pattern.
To create a circular pattern in the assembly:
- Start the “Pattern Component” command.
- Select parts or sub-assemblies to pattern.
- Click the middle mouse button to activate the “Specify Vector” bar in the “Rotation Axis” tab in the command dialog box.
(If you want to move the rotation axis, click on the” Specify Point” bar in the command dialog box and specify a point in the graphics window.)
- Select a straight object to specify the rotation vector.
- Specify the count and angle values for the instances.
- Click “Ok” in the dialog box.
Tip: You can change the spacing type as:
- Count and Pitch
- Count and Span
- Pitch and Span
Count: Total quantity of components after pattern. (Count= selected part + created patterns)
Pitch: Angle between patterns
Span: Total angle of the pattern. (Angle between first and last component)