You can create a new part or component in the Assembly in NX. You can model this part in the assembly by activating it on the assembly.
To create a new part or component in the Assembly:
- Start the “Create New” command.
- Assemblies Ribbon Var => Component Group => Create New
- Home Ribbon Bar => Assemblies Group => Drop Down arrow under Add icon => Create New
- “New Component File” dialog window will open. Specify the name and folder for the new part in the Assembly.
- “Create New Component” dialog window will open.
- Select nothing to create a part in the assembly.
- Select an object/body in the assembly to import the body in the new part. (The selected body will be deleted from the assembly and imported in the new part)
- Select parts to create component/sub-assembly in the assembly. (The selected part will be a component of the new sub-assembly.)
- A new part/component will create in the assembly. You can see the new component in the Assembly navigator.
- Double click on the part name in the assembly navigator to activate.
You can make modeling or change the model when it is active in the assembly.
- To activate main-assembly again double click on its name in the assembly navigator.