The “Datum Axis” command is used to create linear reference objects. These objects are used to reference other commands or objects.
- Home Ribbon Bar => Datum/Point Drop-down=> Datum Axis
- Menu => Insert => Datum/Point => Datum Axis
To create a “Datum Axis”:
- Click “Datum/Point Drop-down” and select “Datum Axis”.
- Select your method from the list in the first tab in the dialog box.
- Select objects to create an axis.
- Define the axis associative or not from the “Settings” tab.
- Click “Ok” to finish command.
Methods for creating Datum Axis:
- Curve/Face Axis
- On Curve Vector
- Point and Direction
- Two Points
Note: If the settings tab is not visible in the dialog box, click the “Dialog Options” on the top-left of the dialog and select “Datum Axis (More)”.