There are two limits in the “Limit” tab. They are “Start” and “End” of the extruded body. You can change both of them with different methods.
Value: You can type the extrusion values in the extrude command box or opening box on the screen. Also, you can change the value by dragging the arrow on the end, the point on the start.
- Symmetric value: You can change both start and end symmetrically. Both sides’ distance to the section is equal and they move together symmetrically. (I mostly use this method at the start to set the center of the model to the origin.)
Important Note: Distance between both distances of the side is two times of the typed value. Typed value is the distance between the end/start to the section.
- Until Next: It determinates limits to the first face on the way of the extrude.
- Until Selected: It determinates limits to the selected face. Extrusion formed with the intersection of section projection on the selected surface.
- Until Extended: It determinates limits to the selected face. The section does not change due to section projection on the selected surface.
- Through All: It determinates limits to the end face of the body on the extrusion.