You can make linear patterns of components in the NX. Also if you want you can delete some of the instances in the pattern.
To create a component pattern in the assembly
- Start the “Pattern Component” command.
- Select parts or sub-assemblies to pattern.
- Click the middle mouse button to activate the “Specify Vector” bar in the “Direction 1” tab in the command dialog box.
- Select an object to specify the first direction.
- Specify count and pitch for the instances.
- If you want to specify the second direction click the “Use Direction 2”
- Specify vector, pitch, and count for the second direction.
- Click “Ok” in the dialog box.
Tip 1: If you want to remove some of the instances in the pattern, Click and select the instance points and click the right mouse button on it. Then select the “delete” from the list. (The deleted instances are shown on the figure as red points)
Tip 2: If you can not see the instances in the graphics window, click the “Dynamic Positioning” in the settings of the command dialog box.
Tip 3: The instances are associated and they move together. Deselect “Associative” in the settings of the command dialog box to create free patterns.