You can move or rotate faces on the solid body by using the “Move Face” command in the part modeling application, in the NX.
For using “Move Face” command:
- Activate command “Home Ribbon Bar => Move Face (in Synchronous Modelling)”
- Select Faces to move when “Select Face” highlighted in Face tab
- Select “Motion type” to move. (Distance-Angle and Point to Point most used motion types)
- Move faces
- If the command gives an error, change settings. (“Move Behaviour, Overflow Behaviour, Step Face in the settings tab)
- Click Ok or MMB (Middle Mouse Button) to finish.
Example: I want to move letters of the cad tips
- Activate “Move Face Command”
- Set Motion type as a “Distance-Angle” in the “Transform” tab.
- Select faces to move
- The handle will appear on the screen.
- Click on the handle center. Direction arrows will appear parallel to the coordinate system.
- Select and drag the arrow handle to move faces. Also, you can define lengths after selecting the arrow.
- Select faces again to move again. You should select faces for each movement.
- Move faces as step 6
- Click Ok or MMB to finish.
Note: For other examples click here. I wrote a post for moving faces in the NX 11 before.