“Offset Region” command, offsets selected faces from their current location and adjust them to their new position.
It is one of my popular commands. It is very useful to change face sets positions, like O-ring channels. You can easily adjust channel width as seen in the figure.
To activate command:
- Home Ribbon Bar => Synchronous Modeling Group => Offset Region (Shon in the figure 1)
- Menu => Insert => Synchronous Modeling => Offset Region
- Activate command “Home Ribbon Bar => Offset Region (in Synchronous Modelling)”
- Select face tab will be highlighted automatically when command started.
- Select Faces to Offset.
- Type distance to offset faces. (Or drag head of the arrow)
- Click Ok or MMB (Middle Mouse Button) to finish.