You can pattern components through reference objects in the assembly modeling in NX.
To Pattern component through holes
- Create a constraint between a component and a hole in another component in the assembly
- Start “Pattern Component” command
- Set the “Layout” as the “Reference” in the “Pattern definition” tab in the dialog box.
- Select the object to pattern
- Select holes to be a reference.
- The graphics window will update and you will see the patterns of the components on the hole.
- Click “Ok” to finish the command.