Draws series of connected curves which occurs from lines and arcs.
To activate command:
- Home Ribbon Bar => Direct Sketch Group => Sketch Curve Gallery => Profile
- Menu => Insert => Sketch Curve Gallery => Profile
- Press “ Z ” on the keyboard. (Shortcut “Z”)
Profile command uses in sketch. If you activate command without creating any sketch, NX will want you to select object to create sketch on it.
For using “Profile” command:
- Activate the “Profile” command. (In Sketch application)
- Select the start point for a line.
- Select Endpoint for line
- Select other points for continuous lines and arcs. The endpoint of the first previous line will be the first point of the next line.
- If you want to draw radius, change “Object Type” as “Arc” in the Profile command window. Also, you can draw an arc by clicking and dragging the left mouse button on screen.
- To Finish command
- Press “Esc” on keyboard
- Click middle mouse button once to finish profile and activate new profile command
- Click the middle mouse button twice to finish command.
Command window properties:
- Line: You can draw lines when line activated in profile command. You can select the first point of the line by clicking the left mouse button (LMB) on screen. After that, you can select the endpoint of the line which will be the first point of the next line or arc by clicking the left mouse button (LMB) on screen.
- Arc: You can select arc command by selecting the arc box on the profile command box. Also if you click LMB and drag mouse arc will be active. (arc box color will be blue on profile dialogue box)
İf you want to make tangent between arc start and line end, move the cursor on the end of the line rapidly.
- Coordinate mode: You can type coordinates of the start/endpoints of the arcs or lines.
- Parameter Mode: You can type lengths/angles of the lines or radius/sweep angles of the arc.
Parameter mode is parametric. When you type value and enter, typed dimensions color change to dark blue. Curves that have dark blue dimensions are staying constant due to dimensions. They can only change by double-clicking on dimensions then changing typed value on dimension.
Note: Curves that have a light blue dimension or have no dimensions can change by selecting and dragging. If you drag the endpoint of the curve, the start point stays stable. If you select curve and drag, curve completely moves and length, angle, etc, stay stable.