You can create radius or diameter dimensions by using the “Radial Dimension” command.
To create a radial dimension.
- Activate the “Radial Dimension” command.
- Select an object for the radial dimension.
- Define location for the radial dimension. (Left click on location)
- Click MMB twice
Note 1: If you want to change the radius to diameter, Change the “Measurement Method” as “Diameter.
Methods in the “Measurement” tab
- Hole Callout
Note 2: You can change the arrow direction of the radial dimension.
To change arrow direction when creating dimension
- Start “Radial Dimension” command and select object
- The dimension will appear on the screen and move with the mouse cursor.
- Right-click on the dimension.
- Change the “Arrowhead Orientation” setting in the opening menu as “In” or “Out”.
- Define dimension location and finish command
To change arrow direction after dimension created.
- Double click on dimension to edit.
- You can change the dimension in two different methods.
- Right-click on dimension and change “Arrowhead Orientation” from the opening list.
- Left-click on the yellow handle on the arrowhead.
Handle color will change to blue and Dialog will open
- You can change arrow direction in or out from this dialog.
Also, you can change the arrow style from the opening list.
Note 3: You can change or define several properties to the radial dimension by clicking the handle point on the dimension text. The handle color will change to blue and the properties box will open. (The properties box might appear and disappear when you move dimension on the screen. Click the yellow handle on the dimension text to fix properties box.)
The options in the dialog box:
- Dimension Type; changes dimension type radial or diametral.
- Tolerance; assigns tolerance to the dimension.
- Inspection Dimension; changes the dimension as an inspection dimension.
- Text Direction; adjust text direction and placement.
- Horizontal Text
- Text aligned to dimension line
- Text over dimension line
- Text perpendicular to dimension line
- Edit Appended Text; opens the “Appended Text” dialog window to insert symbols, superscript, subscript, underline, overline. Also, you can change the text format, height, etc… inside this dialog box.
- Text Location; you can type texts before, after, above and below of the dimension.
- Reference Dimension: defines the dimension as reference dimension.
- Create Folded Radius: shows radius with folded dimension line and deletes/hides line between dimension and center.
- Radius to Center; shows/hides dimension line yo center.
- Symbol: changes the value symbol.
- Text Settings; opens text settings dialog for more options. (symbols, gaps, units, the decimal delimiter is comma or period, text properties, etc… )
- The number of digits; defines digits after zero. Click the drop-down arrow to select digits after zero.