“Rib” command adds a thin-wall rib or rib network by extruding curve/curves set to intersect a solid body.
To activate command:
- Home Ribbon Bar => Feature Group => More Gallery => Design Feature => Rib
- Menu => Insert => Design Feature => Rib
To make Rib in NX
- Create sketch or curves far from the surface that rib walls will be created. (Look at figure 1 to see the sketch location.) All curves must be coplanar.
- Select the target body. If there is only one body in the model, the Solid-body will be automatically selected.
- Select curves to specify the section of the rib. (“Select Curve” in the “Section” tab highlighted)
- Also, you can create a sketch and draw section curves by clicking the “Sketch Section” box in the “Select Curve” tab.
- The preview of the Rib will be created in the graphics window if it is possible to create the rib.
- “Perpendicular to Section Plane” should be selected in the “Walls” tab
- Set the “Dimension” as “Symmetric” or “Asymmetric”.
- Specify the thickness of the rib in the “Thickness” box
- “Cab” tab specifies the start of the rib.
- From the Section: Rib connects through section plane
- From Selected: Ribs connects through selected surface or plane
- Offset: Specifies the offset from the section curves/plane/face
- Draft: Specify to create or not draft on the rib.
- None: Rib walls create perpendicular to the solid-body walls
- From Cab: Drafted rib walls create.
- Angle: Specify angle to draft.
- Click “Ok” or middle mouse button to finish command and create rib.