You might have selection problems in NX. This might occur when creating features by using commands like extrude, revolve, etc…
This is a very common problem. Actually, it is not a problem. This is the result of the wrong settings that you changed before and forget to change after used.
If you can not select the curve, line, face, edge or anything like this follow the instructions written below.
- Look “Type Filter” on the top bar.
- Select the right setting for selection. Most important settings:
- No selection filter: You can select everything on the graphics window.
- Curve: You can only select curves.
- Edge: You can only select edges.
- Face: You can only select faces
- Sketch: You can only select sketches.
If you can not select anything when using a command like extrude, revolve, etc… You should look “Curve Rule” on the top ribbon bar. This setting only becomes active when the command started.
- Look curve rule on the top bar.
- The settings of the “Curve Rule” specifies which types of curves or faces or regiıns will be used in the command
- Most important “Curve Rules” are:
- Single Rule: You can only select a single curve. To select other curves, click on other curves in the graphics window.
- Connected curves: You can select all connected curves set by clicking one line/curve in the set
- Tangent Curves: All curves will be selected if they are connected with tangent curves
- Face Edges: You can select all edges of the face by clicking on it.
- Region Boundary Curves: Closed region area will be selected by one click on closed area
- Infer Curves: Sketch will be selected by clicking on it.
If you are in assembly modeling and you have problems to select other part features in the assembly.
- Look “Selection Scope” on the top bar
- Entire Assembly: You can select anything in the assembly. If you have selection problems in assembly set “Selection Scope” as “Assembly”
- Within Work Part and Components: You can only select the features in the work part and components in the work part. (You can not select any de-emphasized parts in the graphics window.)
- Within Work Part only: Yo can only select work parts. You can not select any components in the work part.
(Parts in the component are emphasized but you can not select any of these)