You can create a flatten (unbended) sheet metal view in the drafting.
To create a flatten view in drafting:
- Activate the “Sheet Metal” application.
- Click the “Flat Pattern” command. (In the sheet metal application)
- Select the face on the sheet metal model to specify a reference face for flattening. (The “Select Face” in the “Upward Face” tab highlighted in the “Flat Pattern” dialog box.)
- Click “Ok” to finish the “Flat Pattern” command.
- Start the “Drafting” application.
- Start the “Base View” command.
- Select the “Flat Pattern” view from the list of the “Model View to Use” in the “Model View” tab in the “Base View” dialog box.
- Specify the location of the “Flat Pattern” view in the graphics window.
- The view will be created and the command dialog box will close.
Note: If you will export the dwg file for laser cut manufacturing, you should be very careful.
- Is the scale of the “Flat Pattern” view 1/1 or not?
- Is the “Flat Pattern” view perpendicular to the flattened face of the sheet metal? (Perpendicular to “Upward Face” in step 3)
Note 2: In the view, there will be several notes to define the bending. If you want you can delete these notes.
- Bend Direction
- Bend Angle
- Bend Radius
- Bend Sequence ID
Note 3: You can create dimensions between edge and bend axis.