There are different ways to start assembly modeling.
For starting assembly at a new part
- File=>new (New part window will be open)
- Select assembly
- Select folder for the file to be saved
- Type assembly file name
- Double click on “Assembly” or click OK after assembly selected
Unlike other programs, you can change the opened modeling file to the assembly file. You can activate assembly commands in modeling.
To activate assembly commands
- Click Assemblies icon in the Application ribbon bar
- For older versions press “A”
Assembly tab will have appeared on the top bar after “Assemblies selected. Also, basic assembly functions will be added on the end of the “Home” ribbon bar.