By the default, NX creates and saves the part files to the directory below
- C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX\UGII
You can change this folder from the settings in the “Customer Defaults”.
To change the default save and create directory:
- Open “Customer Defaults” (File => Utilities => Customer Defaults)
- Open the “Directories” tab in the Gateway => General => Directories
- Click browse in the “Part File Directory” and select directory for new parts.
- Click “Ok” or “Apply” to quit from “Customer Defaults”
Note: The changes in the “Customer Defaults” will be activated after restarting NX.
Problem: The directory did not change even if you changed the directory settings in the “Customer Defaults”. NX goes on starting in the “C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX\UGII” folder
- There might be Non-English characters in the directory names. Check all folders on the way of the directory.
- Check the directory names for any changes.
- Assign directory again.
- Do not use directories in the “C:\Program Files\…….” windows firewall might block directory in the “Program Files”.