You can create associative or non-associative copies of the inactivated part objects, into the active (work) parts in the assembly file.
To activate “WAVE Geometry Linker” command:
- Menu => Insert => Associative Copy => WAVE Geometry Linker
- Assembly Ribbon Bar => General Group => WAVE Geometry Linker
Note: This command only can be used in assembly modeling. For part modeling use the “Extract Geometry” command. Both command menus are nearly similar.
- You can only select the objects defined in the “Type” tab. If you select objects then change “Type” options, your selections reset to zero.
- Type list
- Composite Curve
- Region of Faces
- Mirror Body
- Routing Object
- Type list
- You can change the associativity of the extracted geometry from the settings tab. If you don’t see the settings tab, click the drop-down arrow under the command window. Click or unclick box near “Associative” in the settings tab, to broke links between the copied face and extracted face.
You can not move linked geometry if it is associative.
Linked objects changes due to copied feature editing, if it is associative.
Associated objects might decrease PC performance.
- You can not move linked geometry if it is associative
- Linked objects changes due to copied feature editing, if it is associative.
- Associated objects might decrease PC performance.
If the copied objects disappear, Control the “Hide Original” option in the settings tab.